A permit application was lodged with Heritage Victoria by Barwon Water on 6th March 2020 to demolish parts of the Aqueduct.
The application was published on the Heritage Victoria web site on 23rd May 2020, under Currently Advertised Permits
Submissions closed Friday 19th June 2020
Ovoid Sewer Aqueduct Over Barwon River,
42 Leather Street, Breakwater
Permit application P32806 for a permit to demolish four (4) of the fourteen (14) pier and truss spans and to retain the four (4) associated pier base structures, construct an expanded public exclusion zone and deliver a heritage interpretation program at the above place.
- Barwon Water Cover Letter (PDF, 185.5 KB)
- Barwon Water Position Statement (PDF, 5.0 MB)
- Heritage Impact Statement (PDF, 8.2 MB)
- Heritage Interpretation Overview (PDF, 3.3 MB)
- GHD – Structural Options Assessment 2017 – Part 1 (PDF, 21.9 MB)
- GHD – Structural Options Assessment 2017 – Part 2 (PDF, 12.5 MB)
- Lovell Chen Cover Letter (PDF, 273.0 KB)
- Lovell Chen Strategic Heritage Appraisal 2019-20 (PDF, 14.8 MB)
- MacLeod Consulting – Engineering Study 2016 (PDF, 10.0 MB)
- Structural Drawings (PDF, 3.1 MB)
Submissions closed Friday 19 June 2020
FRIENDS OF BARWON RIVER AVOID SEWER AQUEDUCT put forward an alternative view to Barwon Water application. Our submission can be read here.